Letters to my favorite designer written by Alice Baxley

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Dear Lee Alexander McQueen,
Today is St. Patricks Day (well technically, it's not anymore since it's 1:30am) but more importantly it is your birthday! This saddens me a bit since you are no longer with us. But if you were here I'd like to wish you a very happy 41st birthday! I wish I could have told you that I was glad you were born! I'd bake you a cake and invite your favorite composer, Philip Glass to play for you! There is no one quite like you, Lee! You were so special and on this day, I celebrate how much you did for fashion alone! You challenged everyone to be more creative! Your shows are what I looked forward to. I knew even if other collections in the seasons failed to interest me or lacked vision, I knew you never ceased to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment